DESCRIPTION OF BOARD OF DIRECTOR and OFFICER POSITIONS:
Board of Director Level Positions:
President: ( BOARD Level Position)
- To start, preside over and adjourn the meetings;
- To run/organize the board of directors meetings ;
- To oversee any business, make announcements at the business mixers, generally represent the organization externally
Vice President: (BOARD Level Position)
- To run the meeting if the President is absent;
- To present committee reports at the meetings;
Treasurer: (BOARD Level Position)
- To take minutes at the Board of Director’s meeting;
- To pay for breakfast each week;
- To collect and deposit breakfast dues;
- To maintain and balance the group’s checkbook;
- To work with the social chairperson and pay for nightly mixers (food, etc.);
- To report financial status weekly during committee reports;
- To provide a written report of the Network’s financial status at each monthly board meeting.
Membership / Marketing Committee Director: (BOARD Level Position)
- To make recommendations to the B.O.D. on ideas for growth;
- Report any variance from requirements at each board meeting with attendance based on the Sgt. at Arms Report
- To call all guests within 2 business days of them attending a meeting;
- To send out warnings or termination letters that the board determines need to be sent (based upon review of reported and recorded data and metrics);
- Meets with all new members to discuss ways on giving and receiving good leads and bringing guests to meetings;
- Keeps a written log of the speakers for the weekly meetings at least 2 months in advance. (Done with Webmaster / President)
- Distributes Speaker List to all members and Webmaster, new members are put into the rotation at the next available opening;
- Reminds speakers / presenters on the Monday or Tuesday prior to the weekly meeting to prepare their presentations.
Non Board Positions – Appointed by the Board of Directors (non-elected)
- To bring meetings to order at 7:45 a.m.
- To monitor and inform the speakers of their time allotments during their presentations / keep meeting on track;
- Tracks Meeting Attendance / One : Ones Performed / Speaker Absences and prepares a monthly report for Board Review
- Keeps meeting in order / stops filibustering or any one individual from dominating a discussion in a civil and respectful manner
- To collect and track all written lead referrals at each meeting;
- Create a written report for the V.P. to present at the weekly meetings;
- Assist and work with officers with documentation as necessary;
Social Event Committee Director:
- To plan, coordinate and implement ideas on locations, menus, etc. for the social events and recommend to the board these plans at least 6 weeks in advance of any social event.
- To work with the Membership / Marketing director and sub-committee on planning marketing events and strategy.
- To coordinate the planning and execution of the social event.
- To work with Webmaster to ensure Event Planning is updated on website.
- Maintain Edge Networking Group website
- Work with all committees to update website information
- Participate in any Marketing / Communication discussion by the Board.
ELECTED POSITIONS GOVERNED BY THE EDGE BUSINESS NETWORKING BYLAWS
Last Revision: March 2015 - Board Meeting